[Sca-cooks] Re: Peacock & Swan

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 19:20:14 PDT 2003

Safia commented:
> Now on the other hand, I LOVE the sound of peacocks. It's one of the
> most
> beautiful sounds that I can think of. I love listening to them. It's
> almost
> magical. (Now, I also just love the smell of ferrets and horse barns!
> You be
> the judge. *grin*) I'll agree, it is kind of creepy, but it's a cool
> creepy.
Awk! Now just how close do you live to Parmer Ln and Mopac Expressway?
Says Stefan worriedly. We're hoping to close on a house in that area in
the next few days.

The last time I had a run-in with a peacock was when one settled in at
my mother's house. It was really bothering her, and me after I'd been
there for just a few hours. I tried to trap it, but over the rough
terrain it was able to keep just out of reach. The next time I went out
there I showed up with my period style crossbow, but he had finally
decided to leave.

Despite attending Phlip's class on butchering a sheep, I think I would
have done a poor job of skinning that peacock, anyway. But having a
reuseable, tanned peacock hide and feathers was tempting...
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com