[Sca-cooks] table service in Spanish Islamic and Jewish cultures?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 20:57:40 PDT 2003

Pani Jadwiga asked:
> Ok, so I'm working on this feast, and the autocrat would like to try to
> serve each of the Christian, Muslim and Jewish courses in the manner
> the
> culture involved. Aside from _A Drizzle of Honey_, do people know any
> good
> resources on Muslim or Jewish feast service customs of the middle ages?
You might try these files in the FOOD-BY-REGION and the FEASTS section
of the Florilegium. They may not have much, but there may be some
referances given.
fd-Jewish-msg    (128K) 12/26/02    Jewish medieval food. Sources.
ME-feasts-msg     (20K)  3/30/03    Middle Eastern feasts. sitting,
serving.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas