[Sca-cooks] redaction help

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 14:56:44 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/16/2003 4:01:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:

> A Jewish Dish of Chicken
>
> Clean the chicken and pound its entrails with almonds, breadcrumbs, a
> little flour, salt, fennel, and cut cilantro; beat it with six eggs and
> the amount of four pounds [?] of water.  Then put the chicken over the
> fire a little and place it in a clean pot with five spoonfuls of sweet
> oil, and do not stop stirring it over the fire in the oil until it is
> lightly browned.  Then make a mash of the stuffing prepared earlier and
> leave it until it is bound together and thickened.  Pour it out and put
> it around the stuffing, adorn with cut rue and fennel, buds of mint,
> and minced almonds, and present it, God willing.

I wonder if this is the one Katya in Blak Rose did for an event last year - I
think it was from Drizzle of Honey.  She (well, I, really, on her
instructions) actually molded the "stuffing" around the outside of precooked boneless
breasts and then baked them, if I remember correctly.
It was a bear getting them done, as the stuff didn't want to stick, but it
was darn tasty.  Your way sounds easier, and just as tasty.

Brangwayna