[Sca-cooks] yellow carrots

Naquiba Katira al-Maghrebiyya cynaguanswan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 13:22:56 PDT 2003

Of course I know they are modern carrots.  I certainly
will report on taste and texture if the gophers don't
get them first.

I just love purple and oddly colored foods!  I always
plant Easter Egg II radishes (purple, pink, white...)
and Bright lights Swiss Chard (red, pink, yellow,
white...) and a mix of string beans (purple, yellow
and green).  My tomatoes this year were orange
(Nebraska Wedding), yellow (Yellow Brandywine), yellow
(Pineapple)(actually yellow/orange with red swirls),
black (Black from Tula) and an honestly red Big Beef.

My summer squash plants are each a different color and
shape.  I have seeds for 10 different ones for next
year.  And I will actually have a dark green zucchini
(Aristocrat) again.  I am most curious about the new
award winning seed, Papaya-Pear.

Katira