[Sca-cooks] Smoked fish and meat--questions

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Sep 19 22:03:17 PDT 2003

On a tangent from the smokehouse discussion ...  .

We've been thinking that we need more things for Pennsic that don't
require either a cooler to preserve or cooking. That way we can do a
larger variety of cold meals. One possibility is to use smoked meat
or fish.

Neither Betty nor I has much experience with such. Are there
commercially available products that will reliably keep for a week or
more without refrigeration, and where does one get them?
Alternatively, what plausibly period ways to we have of making such
things that don't require hanging them in a chimney for months, where
a fire is kept all the year round.

Given my persona, pork products are not an option.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/