[Sca-cooks] Smoked fish and meat--questions

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Sep 20 12:19:09 PDT 2003

>  > Given my persona, pork products are not an option.
>>  --
>>  David/Cariadoc
>
>Given your reputation, one might think long pig would be ;-)

You are confusing me with a Frank. Manflesh is not permitted under
the Prophet's law.

>The trouble with smoked foods is that once preserved, refreshing them
>generally requires cooking- if you don't cook them, then breaking them into
>edible portions requires a bandsaw, or other heavy woodworking equipment.
>Once a properly smoked product is finished, it has roughly the density of
>dried wood.

Someone came to Elizabeth's class at Pennsic with things he had
smoked and said would keep. They were edible and reasonably tasty.
Smoked salmon is good--but I'm not sure how long it keeps without
refrigeration.

>Depending on how much you want to spend, one of these items might suit your
>needs.

Thanks for the info.
--
David Friedman