[Sca-cooks] Smoked fish and meat--questions

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Sat Sep 20 20:43:56 PDT 2003

Christine Seelye-King <kingstaste at mindspring.com> wrote on 2003.09.21:
>  I had some smoked salmon jerky that was shelf-stable and kept for a couple

Hmm, there is always stockfish, but I suppose that not everyone would
want to just take a piece and start eating.

I've seen dried pike sold here in Sweden. The only additative to that
one was that it was gently birch smoked then dried. And Nanna could
presumably get hold of any of the myriad kinds (of dried fish) that are
available in Iceland, which *might* help you slightly more than my
recollections.

/UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                             ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Graduate life: It's not just a job.  It's an indenture.