[Sca-cooks] Redaction?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Sep 20 21:26:29 PDT 2003

At 10:22 PM 9/20/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Some recent posts on this thread have restated points to which I had
>recently made rebuttals, without acknowledging my rebuttals. This is
>rhino-hiding. In case there are any more, this stock response shall apply
>to all such: "I have already written a rebuttal, and it may be found in the
>archive at: http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/sca-cooks/ " When and if
>continuing arguments are made against me and I do not respond, please
>consider this to be my response.
>
>Alex Clark

Well folks, welcome to one of the reasons why about 90% of list list is
going directly into the trash, with only a glance at the first sentence or so.

Alex, I don't know you. Nor am I likely to. Given the behavior I've seen
you display in the past few days, I am quite content that things remain as
they are. You walzed into a community, one which had a working, though
maybe not absolutely perfect, definition for a word- one we commonly used
and recognized. Without provocation, you tell us we are wrong. A number of
people offer examples of how the word is used in the manner we use it, for
the purposes we do, and you tell them they're wrong, and you get personal,
rude and offensive about it. Had you done something similar on one of the
academic lists I'm on, you would have been dubbed a Troll, and given
busfare out of town.

I would suggest that if you have any interest in being part of this
community, then you need to learn to treat them politely, not with your
nose-in-the-air, condescending attitude, but as someone willing to listen
and learn. To what purpose do you continue your current course? Do you
_want_ to p*ss people off? You certainly are doing a good job of it, if
that is your intention. You certainly are not contributing to the free and
productive discourse that this list is known for, and your divisive spirit
has soured the air for the family-like atmosphere here in Papa Gunthar's
living room.

in service,

HL Elaine de Montgris, AoA, OJL, OGS, GT, SUmmits Grail (x2),
Forget-me-Not, Pine Cone