[Sca-cooks] Redaction?

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Sun Sep 21 07:29:25 PDT 2003

>  The only thing that really defines me as being outside this community
> is that the flame war against me is being waged by a few people who
> have already gotten into the in-group.

If there is in fact an "in-group" on this list, I can tell you that I
ain't a part of it.  I'm just not much of an in-group kinda girl.  Yet,
you have managed to tick me off too, right from your first post on this
subject.  Therefore, you can rethink your contention that this is an
in-group vendetta to keep out the unwashed masses.  Since your first
words on this subject you have been belligerent and rude.  Your argument
about the use of the word "redaction" was completely lost in your tone
all along.  You were dictating in a condescending and purile manner, not
offering arguments in a constructive way.  I don't give a flying fig
newton whether your point was absolutely brilliant or awful.  Couched in
your insulting tone, I didn't even see fit to consider it.  I mentally
filed it in the "troll looking for an argument" catagory and went on to
more important things.

I've kept out of this so far because I hate these kinds of arguments.  I
generally hope they go away on their own.  But, it is apparant that you
are intent on keeping it alive and entrenching yourself more deeply.  I
don't see you as being flamed, but rather you are the flamer.  You may
be entirely correct that we as a community use the word redaction
incorrectly.  However, coming in on a fiery steed wielding an avenging
sword to force us to amend our ways and advance our little minds isn't
going to win many people over to your side of the fence.  On the
contrary, it's likely to make many of us more stubborn about using it.
And it certainly isn't going to win you many friends.

-Magdalena vander Brugghe

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei