[Sca-cooks] crockpot oatmeal

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Sep 23 06:01:09 PDT 2003

At 06:01 AM 9/23/03 -0600, you wrote:
>    Has anyone cooked oatmeal in a crockpot overnight?  We just tried a
>small batch of the Mc Canns' in the rice cooker  - didn't do as well as we
>hoped.  :(   A bit crunchy still & boiled out the lid.  But I think using a
>small 1 qt crockpot & turning it on low at bedtime would work well.  The
>guinea pig thinks it would be all dried out & icky.
>Comments? suggestions?
>Caointiarn

You can do it if you use the 'old fashioned' or rough cut oats. DO NOT use
the quick cooking kind. You will have a crock pot full of glue.

When I was in school and hard pressed to get the kids all off to school and
me to catch the bus to class, I made oatmeal that way fairly often. Or
rice. Once in awhile barley. It's been awhile so I can't give you times and
all, but it should be fairly easy it experiment with it.

'Lainie