[Sca-cooks] crockpot oatmeal

Sayyida Halima al-Shafi'i of Raven's Cove lkuney at ec.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 10:26:17 PDT 2003

Having recently served oatmeal porridge at an event as part of breakfast
service, I can attest to the crockpot being a wonderful thing.  I just
used oatmeal and water, and turned it on low at bedtime.  By breakfast
it was yummy and just needed a good stirring before being served.  This
was in my 6 quart crockpot.  I have made smaller quantities (although
not much smaller-teenaged boys) for my family in the same pot.
 Sometimes I add chopped apples and nuts, milk, brown sugar, or raisins
as well.

Halima al-Shafi'i
Stronghold of Raven's Cove
Atlantia