[Sca-cooks] Cookies (exchange)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 23 17:55:17 PDT 2003

Ooooh, the holiday cookie exchange! That was fun! So many different
goodies!
If we do it this year, I've decided to contribute something different,
since my cookies have had crumble problems in the past.  I'll
contributed spiced, glazed almonds.  I was playing around this summer,
trying to come up with fun little food things for Their Majesties, and
had the odd idea to add Ras el Hanout (a non-rose variety) to the sugar
instead of cinnamon.  Yummmmmm. Spicey-warm (from the things like
cinnamon and galingale and cardamom and ginger and long pepper and two
kinds of pepper-pepper), with just a hint of kick.  And they travel
nicely!
--maire, catching up on old emails....