[Sca-cooks] Ras el Haout

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 23 21:52:37 PDT 2003

 I'll contributed spiced, glazed almonds.  I was playing around this summer,
trying to come up with fun little food things for Their Majesties, and
had the odd idea to add Ras el Hanout (a non-rose variety) to the sugar
instead of cinnamon.  Yummmmmm. Spicey-warm (from the things like
cinnamon and galingale and cardamom and ginger and long pepper and two
kinds of pepper-pepper), with just a hint of kick.  And they travel
nicely!
--maire, catching up on old emails....

	So, do you have recipes or ingredients lists for your Ras el Hanout?  (Rose
and/or non-rose variety?)  I was working with a lamb recipe that called for
it, but I had other spices and didn't end up using any (didn't know exactly
what was in it). I did try it out with some mastic I got at Pennsic, boy, a
little of that goes a very long way.
Christianna