[Sca-cooks] Redacting another Jewish dish (fwd)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 20:22:40 PDT 2003

On 23 Sep 2003, at 18:13, Alex Clark wrote:

> In the original, the article is used the second time that the veggies go
> into oil, but not the first. I don't know Spanish so I can't tell, but I
> wonder if this indicates that the oil used the second time was the exact
> same oil, or perhaps that it was the same type of oil.

The use or non-use of the article does not indicate different types of oil.  In
Spanish recipes, "aceite" without any qualifier always means olive oil.  If
there was a second kind of oil, then it would be identified, eg., "aceite de
almendras" (almond oil).

See my response to Jadwiga for my opinion on the meaning of "boiled again".

> Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net