[Sca-cooks] Attention Adamantius and anyone else....

Randy Goldberg MD goldbergr1 at cox.net
Thu Sep 25 03:10:47 PDT 2003

> Any club suggestions are
> welcome as well, although Anastasia (my friend) was told that if we
> wanted to see something different to check out the "Village" (I assume
> Greenwich) and head for a place called The Vault. From the description
> it sounds like a place that might be a bit over board... but I'll look
> at the clientele outside... anyways.

The Vault is an S&M club.

> My planned hits for the day are....
> FAO Schwarz, Broadway, and maybe Off Broadway even, (Nope No shows just
> want to see it.),

"Off-Broadway" means any theatre that's outside the Theatre District - there
are dozens spread all over the city. :-) Times Square is at the southern end
of the Theatre District, so you can combine those two.

> I am not sure of what Chanterelle serves and the same for Vong and
> Aja... what is Fusion cuisine?  Sounds fun but am not sure of what it
> is.... since we are doing oriental for lunch maybe something different
> for supper.

Fusion cuisine refers to food that combines elements of various culinary
traditions whilst not fitting specifically into any. It is generally used to
refer to the innovations in many contemporary restaurant cuisines since the
1970s.

Vong is pan-Asian, but predominantly Thai, as interpreted by a Frenchman
from Alsace. Chanterelle is a more broad-based fusion, resting on classic
French technique, but using flavors from all over Europe, Asia and North
Africa. Aja, as near as I can tell from a quick web search, is no longer
open (Zagat's does not list it).

Avraham

Reb Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: File not found. Delete *.* and change directory? (Y/N)

---