[Sca-cooks] Need Help with a recipe...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 08:10:10 PDT 2003

While Adamantius have given you some excellent
advise on how to make the almond cream, no one
seems to have addressed this comment from you:
--- kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:

> 6. Carefully poke holes into both ends of the
> eggs, a large hole at the
> wide end, and a pin hole at the narrow. Holding
> each egg over a bowl,
> blow through the pin hole, blowing out the yolk
> and the white into the
> bowl. You may refrigerate the yolks and whites
> for later use. Rinse out
> the empty egg shells with warm water.

I remember blowing eggs like this as a child, as
my mother loathed hard-boiled eggs at Easter.  If
I remember correctly, the yolks usually broke as
they came out, so we usually ate a lot of
scrambled eggs for breakfast.  My mother would do
a few eggs at a time, so we wouldn't be
overwhelmed with too many eggs on a daily basis.
She then washed and dried the shells, letting us
color the shells like Easter eggs.  She then
would fill the eggs with small candies and seal
the holes with Easter stickers to keep the
candies inside.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.