[Sca-cooks] Syrup of Pomegranates

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 25 10:38:44 PDT 2003

>Syrup of Pomegranates
>

>I am looking at the syrup of pomegranates from Cariadoc's
>Miscellany. I was thinking of making some for Rosh Hashanah. One
>thing I could use some help on. I was planning to just run down to
>the Shuk and get Pomegranates, and I'm not sure how to take the seeds
>and make them into Juice.
>
>--Yehoshua ben Haym haYerushalmi
>Jerusalem Israel

We've generally bought pomegranate juice, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

On the other hand ...  . I think the original specifies half sweet
and half sour pomegranates. I believe I have seen a modern reference
implying that the distinction still exists, but I've never actually
seen anything labelled "sour pomegranates." With luck, you can find
both kinds in the Shuk, and report on how it comes out if you do it
right.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/