[Sca-cooks] OT: Quick question about canning

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Sep 25 14:58:15 PDT 2003

> I was wondering if I actually need to go out and buy a canner, or if I can just use one of the pots I already have? I know that the rack would make it easier to remove the jars, but I also dont have much disposable cash at the moment, and if I can just use what I have that would be great.

You probably don't need a canner. But get some canning jars-- make sure to
check the lips of the jars and the screw-on parts to make sure there are
no chips or cracks-- and make sure you get NEW inner lids. You can reuse
the screw-on parts of the lids, but you can't re-use the parts with the
seal.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
 "in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)