part 2 Re: [Sca-cooks] OT: Quick question about canning

Randy Goldberg MD goldbergr1 at cox.net
Thu Sep 25 15:23:08 PDT 2003

> The other thing you want to get is a jar lifter, even if you don't have a
> rack. The jar lifter looks like funny tongs and is designed to let you
> lift the jars out of the water by their necks. There is NO other good way
> to get the jars out of the bath (plenty of bad, painful ways, though, and
> I know 'em all.)

I beg to differ. I use a good STRONG pair of spring loaded tongs, 16" long
(mine are by OXO Good Grips), with a rubber band wrapped around each blade
of the tongs. Works like a charm, and multi-tasks.

Avraham

Reb Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Anthem: O-oh say can you C, will our code turn out right?

---