[Sca-cooks] Royal authenticity

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur goldbergr1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 26 07:32:39 PDT 2003

> >I suppose offering them water only would have been more "period." It
> >would not have been more hospitable nor fitting to the occasion. It
> >was my intention all along to comply as best as I could with their
> >wishes.
>
> Under the circumstances, I certainly would have no actual complaint
> about the Brisk, etc. We tend to do lemonade or soft apple cider,
> around here, mostly.

I often serve various sekanjabins as well (mint, thyme and rosemary are most
popular). We know they weren't beverages as such in period, but at least
they ARE period recipies.

Avraham

Reb Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

---