[Sca-cooks] The Cloisters in NYC - was, Attention Adamantius and anyone else....

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Sep 26 10:27:04 PDT 2003

>I have to agree with various people's urgings that Nichola check out
>the Cloisters, but I also wasn't sure about time restraints, and had
>remembered she was trying to stay downtown. You pretty much have to
>set aside an entire day for the Cloisters (although a "double major"
>visit to the Cloisters and the Metropolitan Museum of Art on the
>same ticket -- The Met is an unrelated opera house; it's almost as
>bad as calling Sixth Avenue the Avenue of the Americas just because
>of those silly signs along its length when everyone knows they're
>dumb).
>
>Adamantius

The Metropolitan Museum is very  much worth visiting as well--and
more accessible if she is spending her time downtown. They have a lot
of very nice early jewelery on display at the moment.

And for anyone on this coast who wants to see it, I have pictures of
quite a lot of it--loot from my virtual raid a few weeks ago.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/