[Sca-cooks] Attention Adamantius and anyone else....

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 27 09:08:34 PDT 2003

Visiting a person, rather than a city. This makes sense...

When I was in college, I used to have to defend myself before every
vacation. A lot of my friends were in the arts, so...
The musicians thought I should spend the week at concerts -
Philharmonic, jazz, Bottom Line...

The visual artists thought I should spend it in museums and galleries -
MoMA (Museum of Modern Art), Met, SoHo...

The theatre people thought I should spend it in theatres - Broadway,
Off, OffOff... (OK, I did usually see a show - I was studying
theatre...) or at dance concerts or ballet.

My professors thought I should take advantage of the wonderful libraries.

And everyone else thought I should spend my evenings in the clubs.

But I wasn't "going to New York." I was going Home...  It's very
different. I'd relax, spend time with my family, see some friends - all
the things you do at home.

Enjoy your visit. You will need to eat, so you asked the right
questions... Enjoy whatever you see of my beautiful city, and remember,
we don't have any expectations of you - we know people all come here for
their own reasons...  I hope you can return sometime with the time,
energy and inclination to visit the rest!

Let us know about the feast!

AEllin