[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 27 17:11:35 PDT 2003

Unfortunately, there isn't anything non-alcoholic.  Water isn't safe to
drink, unless it's from a stream (non-well water) or processed in some way
(boiled).  Milk isn't safe to drink, or seems not to be considered as a
drink (except for Norwegian buttermilk?).  Fruit juices are too expensive to
drink, except for apple or grape, and they won't keep unless they're
fermented.  So, much like providing adequate meals for vegetarians, offering
non-alcoholic period drinks is tricky.  I would think the easiest thing
would be to have water (hot tea & coffee too) and ask the feasters to
BYOBeverage.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!