[Sca-cooks] Online facsimiles (mostly in Spanish)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 10:01:47 PDT 2003

On 28 Sep 2003, at 11:49, Ariane H wrote:

> rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> >For the Italophiles, there's a facsimile of Scappi's Opera
> >
> Fantastic!!    Thanks for the info.  I've been wanting an accessible
> copy of that book for years....

> Vittoria

You're welcome.  I'm pleased about that one myself.  Although I don't really
read Italian, I can understand the gist of it.  I've been wanting to have a copy
so that I can see which of the recipes in Granado are plagiarized from Scappi.

It's also given me a new translation project.  The site has a facsimile of a
1572 health manual, the "Aviso de Sanidad".  It also has the 1586 edition.  (I
recently paid $10 to ILL that book, and all I could get was a hard-to-read
microfilm.)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net