[Sca-cooks] Online facsimiles (mostly in Spanish)

Ariane H phoenissa at netscape.net
Sun Sep 28 14:56:50 PDT 2003

rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:

> You're welcome. I'm pleased about that one myself. Although I don't
> really
>
>read Italian, I can understand the gist of it.  I've been wanting to have a copy
>so that I can see which of the recipes in Granado are plagiarized from Scappi.

I read Italian pretty competently, so if you (or anyone else!) would
ever like to go over a translation of one of those recipes, I'm more
than happy to chat.  Scappi's text is a little weird not only because
it's archaic, but also because of the dialect...I assume Venetian, since
that's where it was printed.  (I know Tuscan but everything else is
foreign to me. ;)

My grand plan is to, someday, do a complete transcription and
translation of Scappi, but even with the grand discovery of this online
facsimile, I don't think I can do it until I get a real paper copy to
work from.  Besides, being a student, I'm cursed with not ever having
enough free time to do big projects like that.  But someday...

Vittoria