[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 29 08:42:36 PDT 2003

LOL! That's one reason I'm doing it - going around saying "No,
Scandinavia did not fall off the map!"

It's not just the SCA, though. A year ago, we did a demo in conjunction
with a local Norwegian group. They were interested in viking... but let
us do other things, too. Now, that was when I was just starting to lean
towards this persona, so I thought this might be a good place for
information. Went to the booth run by the history people. Did they have
info on medieval Norway? I was handed the viking books. No - after the
vikings? I was handed the 19th century material. Well... 14th or 15th
century? Viking books again... oh, yes, here's one thin pamphlet about
the Reformation... The guy clearly couldn't understand why I would even
want to know about the intervening centuries. Because the early 14th
Century was considered the Golden Age? The Sons of Norway don't know
this?? Anyone within the sound of my (cyber) voice is going to! LOL!

I am just beginning, really,  so I'll grab any information I come
across. Mostly in odd bits and pieces... This should keep me busy for a
while...

AEllin