[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Mon Sep 29 03:02:16 PDT 2003

AEllin Olafs dotter <aellin at earthlink.net> [2003.09.29] wrote:
> Thank you for asking! (Don't know why I didn't say... I don't really
> expect people to remember, though I talk as if I did.) Definitely not
> viking. 14th Century and, indeed, in Bergen.

Nice to see that the SCAtanic Verses was not 100% accurate regarding what
parts of the world was totally uninhabitet for long spells of time.

> Not noble, probably a
> merchant (widow running husband's business, I think), but I'm still
> looking for information - it's not as readily available as some other
> places. So, I'm thick... I like a challenge, what can I say. Any
> information you can point me towards is appreciated!

I would guess that there is quite a bit of research on e.g. the trading
patterns around Bergen. This would tell you things about what was
available, but I presume you have already looked into that.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                             ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Graduate life: It's not just a job.  It's an indenture.