[Sca-cooks] Eugene OR?? OT/OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:30:59 PDT 2003

>Olwen replied to me with:
> >>>>>
> >  THLady Olwen the Odd asked:
> >>Who on this list lives in Eugene OR??  Morningstar is out there with the
> >>tree-sitters and I would like to pass on a phone number and name of
> >>"family".
> >And *you* were the one who got pegged with "the Odd"???
> >Stefan
>
>You met her last year Pennsic Stefan.  It's true.  The acorn did not fall
>far from the tree...
><<<<<
>No, it didn't.
>
>Yes Olwen, I met Morningstar at Pennsic 31. Which is why I can ask the
>question I did. It was not just based on the tree-sitting.
>
> >From others' comments it appears they think I was being derogatory in my
>comments about the "tree-sitters" being odd. I don't necessarily agree with
>them and tend to dislike the methods of many radicals on both the left or
>the right. But I was using "odd" in the sense of being different or
>unusual. Which the "tree-sitters" definitely are. As were the guys in
>medieval and ancient times to sat on top of poles. See there are period
>examples. :-)  But having met both Olwen and Morningstar, odd as Olwen
>might be, Morningstar is more so.
>
>Frankly, there are a number of folks in the SCA, and on this list, who
>probably fit into many folks' ideas of odd.
>
>Stefan

Oh, my sweet Morningstar is so very definately odd, but most true artists
are I think.  She has *never* been able to keep from doing some form of art
in any medium since she was 2 or 3.  She is a natural in the food studio as
well.  Some of you have seen her work in marzipan and sugarplate and other
illusion foods.  She is a valued member of our cooks guild and knows not to
bring her rat into the kitchen ~ or the vest it lives in.  She is alway
shock value to Mistress Margherita, whose comments always begin "Oh child,
what have you done this time!".
Olwen