[Sca-cooks] Period German Vegetables Vol 11, Issue 10

Martina C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Apr 6 10:45:53 PDT 2004

Greetings Amanda, Stefan, Bear and the List,
Life has me way behind on digests again...

As several folk have already pointed out,  I translated a broad
selection of the Veggie dishes from Rumpolt, though I am leaving the
re-creation of the dishes up to the cook.
My translation (specifically the veggies) is webbed at
http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_veggie1.htm

I hope to finish working up a few of the more obscure ones (mushrooms,
eggs - yes, they put eggs in the veggie section) , but this has roots
(carrots, beets, rutabagas...),  peas, cabbage, apples, spinach, pears,
beans, rice, oats...

I also have several other chapters partially translated, so there are
meats, sauces, sweets, etc and also recipes for a  complete feast that
I did here in the Outlands.

Let me know if there is some other veggie you are looking for that you
dont see, if you want help with re-creating the recipes, or if I can be
of further assistance.

In Service
Gwen Cat

PS, Volker, email me PLEASE, my address book ate you!