[Sca-cooks] Coronation Thanks

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 21:38:12 PDT 2004

The feast at EK Coronation was successful and (mostly) uneventful.  I would like to
thank the people who worked very hard to bring it to fruition.

My co-cook and kitchen manager, Berelinde, kept things running smoothly
Baron Irik Rodbjorn was a steady rock throughout the day
Jadwiga, who did a million things and kept me sane besides
Phlip, who wrestled 40 pounds of spinach into submission
Christopher of Iron Bog, for his deft knifework and unfailing courtesy
Ben e Draig, salmon-wrangler extraordinnaire
Magdalena
Orvarg, Master of Meat
Galen
Richenda
Jan and Jana of Visby
Mistress Merlynia, for her magnificent dragon subtlety
Stephanie, who made cherry trees bloom out of season
the autocrat, Baroness Paigan Crawford, who gave me support, encouragement, and
fthe reedom to create
Lord Erec L'clair, head of the dayboard team
Mistress Jessa d'Avondale
a great team of servers
Lord Giano, Mistress Catrin von Berlin, and Valoise Armstrong, who have made
German recipes accessible to those of us who don't read the language
Lady Anahita al-Qurtubiyya, for the yummy red cabbage redaction

...and the many others who gave advice, offered encouragement, or stopped by to
lend a hand.  Forgive me if I have forgotten any names.

His Majesty, Gaufred Kelson von Heidelberg, said it best.  When I was called out of
the kitchen for the traditional toast, he said, "There can't be just one cook!"  He was
quite correct.  Thank you all.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net