[Sca-cooks] Coronation Thanks

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Apr 7 06:45:37 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The feast at EK Coronation was successful and (mostly) uneventful.  I
would like to
> thank the people who worked very hard to bring it to fruition.

Well, no one worked harder than you did, Brighid, and I'd like to say that
working with you was a very pleasant experience.

Jadwiga and I get there the night before, to help her with pre-prep, and
there really was very little for us to do, other than chop some cabbage and
make the pickling liquid and help load the vehicles. Brighid had already
made all the bread, the marzipan, and the pretzels, among other things, and
was finishing up the jellied almond milk, and I think I spent more of the
day of the feast, looking for something to do, than I actually did doing
anything (at least until the Great Spinach Hustle) because she was so well
organized.

I was very impressed with several of the other helpers myself- the guys
washing the dishes had to be physically thrown out of the kitchen, after
standing there washing (with a smile ;-) all day, Berelinde was on top of
everything and kept things moving, and everyone was a joy to work with.

I strongly reccomend that anyone who wants to work in a happy, well-
organized kitchen, that working in Brighid's is a great way to learn quite a
bit, and have a happy experience ;-) And, everything I got a chance to
sample was excellent ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.