[Sca-cooks] edible gold leaf

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Apr 8 08:48:31 PDT 2004

Maire asked:

Brigid, where did you find the edible gold dust? There's a lady in my <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

barony who's searching (without much success, so far) for edible gold

*leaf* for an A&S project....

<<<

Gold is not toxic, so the main concern is finding real, pure, gold in the form you wish. The decorative gold leaf is one form that is often adulterated.

You might try these files in the Florilegium. I know the topic of edible gold leaf and dust has come up before. You might also do a search using the search engine on the top page of the site.

gilded-food-msg   (22K)  4/19/99    Gilded foods. Using gold and silver foil.

gold-leaf-msg     (18K)  3/ 7/96    Working with gold leaf, tools.

   (Since this last one is in the SCRIBAL ARTS section some of the sources will be edible and some probably not)

Stefan