[Sca-cooks] Mistakes to Avoid when cooking salmon

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Thu Apr 8 14:11:21 PDT 2004

A question for those with more experience handling these lovely fish than
me:

I have to admit my recipe for salmon up to now was 'open package, eat'.
However, now I got my hands on two whole frozen Pacific salmon to feed to
our Shire and two guests of honor at the Easter Fire. The recipe I want to
try is from Marx Rumpoldt - basically, boil the salmon, then flake the fish
off the bone, reheat with a bit of pease broth and serve with vinegar
mustard sauce. It sounds easy enough, but I'd like to hear if there are any
things I had better avoid when preparing the fish.

I'm thinking: heat stock to simmering point, carefully lower fish into
liquid, leave in for a few minutes (10 should do it, shouldn't it?), then
carefully remove.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks

Giano