[Sca-cooks] Mistakes to Avoid when cooking salmon

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:05:17 PDT 2004

>I'm thinking: heat stock to simmering point, carefully lower fish into
>liquid, leave in for a few minutes (10 should do it, shouldn't it?), then
>carefully remove.
>
>What have I overlooked?

Sounds great. 10 minutes may be a bit long depending on how much
fish you are cooking at once. Try to use a fish poacher or at the very
least a long slotted board to lift the fish out with. It tends to
disintegrate. Another reason to not overcook it is the fact that
salmon, even poached, can taste dry.

Put kale around the serving platter with slices of orange and lemon.
Decorate with a drizzle of the sauce and some dill sprigs. Serve the
rest of the sauce in little sauce boats around the tables.
Maybe make a puff pastry "head" and "tail" to put the body between.

The recipe sounds wonderful, I need to try it.

>Giano

Yers,

Gunthar