[Sca-cooks] Sugar Plate

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Thu Apr 8 19:28:52 PDT 2004

To finally report here on this project thus far...
Welp I tried both and liked the boiled and poured stuff best at first as
folks will eventually see in the pics from our Baronial Birthday... (Yes
I will get them up eventually)  I had worked with it before so I liked
it alot.  However when I worked with the premade gum paste I did not
like the way it turned out.  So I dug around at the library abit and got
a modern recipe for a gum paste not involving gum tragacanth but uses
gelatine... (Which might be the same thing I dunno) but it turns out to
be alot cheaper all around.  It is also molding well enough that we are
going and buying the rest of the molds so we can turn out ten cups a
day.  (Or 20 if we get the cycle working correctly) This should make
quite a few little individual serving cups for the Candied peaches.
And we are serving those little cups on the poured sugar plates that we
will be making soon as well.  So we will basically have some jacked up
feasters when they finish dessert. LOL
Nichola