[Sca-cooks] Sugar Plate

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 8 19:45:58 PDT 2004

> a modern recipe for a gum paste not involving gum tragacanth but uses
> gelatine... (Which might be the same thing I dunno)

fyi, gum tragacanth is a tree resin... but it is sporadically available. Apparently in modern
times it's only grown in one African nation, and when they have political upheaval, the import
sources are not available.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"You must live feverishly in a library. Colleges are not going to do any
good unless you are raised and live in a library every day of your life."
--Ray Bradbury