[Sca-cooks] Sugar Plate

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Apr 9 06:38:58 PDT 2004

The stuff varies in handling depending on the weather and humidity.
Also one batch will work fine and the next won't. Tempermental is
the important thing to remember here. Some of the modern recipes
including ones that use both gum pastes and gelatin or even glucose
will work better at times than the original recipes. I also think that the
type of powdered sugars can make a difference sometimes. They vary
in amount and type of starch added.

Johnnae llyn Lewis