[Sca-cooks] asparagus with cheese sauce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 21:49:47 PDT 2004

Elewyiss asked:
> And the asparagus with sauce is
> that the good stuff made with all the cheeses? I can never remember the
> name but it was an Atlantian staple. And soooooo good.
I'm not an Atlantian, but I suspect you may mean Digby's Savory Tosted
Cheese, affectionately know here as "Cheese goo". If so, you can find
the original recipe in this file as well as some SCA variants and some
additional similar period toasted cheese / cheese sauces:
cheese-goo-msg    (32K)  9/ 1/02    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheese-goo-msg.html

Stefan
--------