[Sca-cooks] New pictures Online.

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Thu Apr 15 19:18:53 PDT 2004

Added some pictures from Baronial Birthday for Nottinghill Coil.
Most of you watch "Vatel" and think about the FOOD... Hehehe This is
what happens when I watch it.  Our Feast Hall Decorations Flew in.  A
first at least around here as far as I know.  It worked very very well...
OFC there is a "Sugar Plate" Art Piece. (Ok well it is the boiled sugar
stuff I am unsure if it is Sugar Plate or not, now that someone
mentioned the Boiled Sugar Technique.)  Anyways check the "Baronial
Birthday" Folder.
Secondly... Now there are some real sugar plate pictures on there as
well.  I thought I would show off the dessert cups for an upcoming
feast.  This is the Sugar Paste style Sugar Plate.  But I was using a
little different recipe.
2oz Boiling Water
2 tsp of Gelatine
19oz of Confectioners Sugar
Food Color and Flavorings.

Mix gelatine into the water, pile the sugar in a bowl and make a
depression in the center of the pile.  Pour in the gelatine water
mixture and stir until smooth. Add in flavoring and color, add in more
sugar and stir, add more sugar stir, continue until you can pic up the
dough and knead it with your hands still adding in sugar... When you get
a slightly moist play dough texture it is ready.

This was cheaper than the Gum Trangathsnasrweqiro[ stuff.  And cheaper
than buying the premade paste.  Works pretty darn well to.

Nichola

Here is the website. I eagerly await any thoughts or comments.  (See
Olwen I did take pictures)  ;P

http://groups.msn.com/NicholasNiche/shoebox.msnw