[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Thu Apr 15 19:40:24 PDT 2004

We started to talk about Iron Chef events and then got side tracked. And
what with the big Iron Chef vs. the US coming the end of t his month
they are showing the show at am when I get to watch it. And it's making
me itchy. So I'm going to list a bunch of questions and if you all could
answer I'll put it together in a handout/file thingy. Everyone please
hope in with ideas and suggestions.

1) Have  you participated in one before?

    as cook or host?

2) What did you like about it?

3) Dislike?

4) Should participants be responsible for dating/researching the
recipes?

5) Should participants be allowed to bring in their own items?

6) Was the cook off for an entire meal or just one remove/dish?

7) What foods would you suggest?

8) Who should be judges? Other cooks? Honored guests? Fighters?

9) Would  you want to hold it were people could watch and do the whole
pageantry of the TV show?

10) Would individual people or groups be better?  Would  you count
assistants as a group?

11) Should people bring their own assistants or should they be assigned?