[Sca-cooks] personas and names (was what does C&I mean )

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 23:31:36 PDT 2004

> Pandora Fitzpatrick, who is still awaiting the right SCA name to come
> along
Greetings Pandora,

Welcome to SCA-Cooks, and to the SCA!

Do you have any specific interests in cooking? Are you interested in
cooking, or helping to cook, the large medieval feasts? or just
interested in learning to cook some medieval dishes for pot lucks or
for your use at home?

Do you know which times and cultures you might want to use as a
persona? It helps to have some idea before picking a name. You can find
an overview of some cultures in the CULTURES section in the
Florilegium. While hardly comprehensive, perhaps it will give you a
place to start. There is also some information on personas and names in
the PERSONA section, although a much better source for actual
documentation on names is the St. Gabriel site. You can find info on
this site in the names-msg file and others in this section. I would
come up with first name fairly soon, simply to keep folks from having
to learn a new name for you just after learning your regular name.
Really, a complete name can wait for awhile.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com