[Sca-cooks] KitchenAid 5-quart mixer

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 28 18:47:48 PDT 2004

I noticed yesterday that in the most recent Tuesday Morning flyer that
they will be selling what looks to be the 5-quart mixer that has been
talked about here before. Their price seems to be lower than what I've
seen the 3 quart mixer going for on sale. But are there multiple types
of 5-quart KitchenAid mixers?

They give a retail price on this of $369.99 and say "New Famous Maker
Stand Mixer" and "..powerful 325-watt motor with 10-speed control."
"Convenient bowl lift design. Includes 5-quart stainless steel bowl
plus accessories. Assorted colors vary by store." The photo they show
is a red one and it has "KitchenAid Professional 5" across the metal
band around the front.
$179.99

I don't know how much use I would get out of it to make cakes since
I've never made one but folks in the barony do seem to find these
useful with the sausage attachment to make sausage. And there are other
things I would use it for, like whipping up "snow". Unfortunately, I
have an 8 am conference call on Tuesday when the sale starts. I might
try running by on my way to work though at 9 or 10 and see if they have
any left, if this price is as good as I think it might be.

I mentioned here the wafer iron that Tuesday Morning had sale before
last. Since they said they had plenty when I called before the sale, I
waited a few days before going over and they had been sold out for a
while. I finally found one on the far side of town in "open box"
condition and went down and bought that one. The four closer places all
being sold out. It was missing the directions but I can get along
without those or see if I can get a copy from the manufacturer,
sometime. So anyway, that is why I'm not sure there will be any mixers
left when I get there.

Thanks for any comments or opinions.

Stefan
--------