[Sca-cooks] Preserving sorrel?

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Fri Apr 30 10:02:20 PDT 2004

I've got somesorrel growing in a windowbox, and while I like it that way
(it's almost impossible to get it for sale, and I need it about 3 times a
year), it spends most of its time overrunning the tarragon and coriander,
and hanging over the edge like a big, floppy, seasick dog. I have to crop
it regularly to prevent it from taking over entirely, and I hate throwing
the leaves away...

Can you dry sorrel? I don't know, but I kinda doubt it.

Alternatively, how do you make sorrel juice? I can't quite see myself
squeezing the leaves - do you steep it? Boil it? Or is it just a matter of
quantity and a good blender?

Thanks

Giano