[Sca-cooks] heraldic food pix...

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Apr 2 07:06:37 PST 2004

--On Friday, April 02, 2004 12:58 AM -0600 Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Cailte replied to me with:
>> > Ok, which way are they different?
>> > I could very well see the cook (you) as the perfectionist and he
>> > saying
>> > "not another one. What is wrong with this one? I've had too many
>> > already. burp. But I can also see "Hey, leave some cookies for the
>> > feast" "but this one has this little piece missing. And this one is a
>>
>> stefan, my friend... you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wise... ;)
> Er, thank you. But you still didn't answer my question... :-) Ok, my
> first quote was he responding to your request for him to eat another
> "mistake"

ahem.... i don't have to ask him... he comes trolling for them!   he once
at a whole batch of pecan meringues because their 'rugged exterior' made
him think they were mistakes.   (that would be one egg white, one cup of
brown sugar and one cup of broken pecan meats)   in ONE sitting!

while the second pair of quotes was your comment and his
yes, the wooden spoon makes more contact with his knuckles than a bowl!   i
have often been heard to yell "if you eat any more, i will have to make
another batch"

to which he replies....

"and the problem with that is????"

after 21 years, it has almost become a dance. 8)

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions