[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 5 21:27:33 PDT 2004

Patricia Collum wrote:

> For some reason the cook was not
> given any money to shop with until the the day before the feast (and did not
> have the money to pay for the food themselves and wait for reimbursement.)
> My question is, what would you do if you found yourself in this
> circumstance? (It's like one of those impossible situations from combat
> pilot training.)

Personally? if the money was not in my hands a week before the event, I
would have raised holy heck until they forked out the money or they
could find another cook. Like most people on this list, I make use of
pre-preparing foods, and shopping around for the best prices. Asking
someone to do that much shopping, preprep and cooking in that short a
timeframe is insane. Not that I couldnt do it, provided I had an
adequate kitchen staff...but I detest having to do an inordinate amount
of work that simply isnt required.

--
Aruvqan, Cleric of 56 seasons
Avengers Federation, Solusek Ro