[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Mon Apr 5 23:15:55 PDT 2004

I am not a member of the local group where the event happened, so I am not
sure what happened to delay paying the cook. It was the event of a larger
group who would pay back the smaller group after the feast for the smaller
group fronting the money. The larger group was also up front about the fact
that they would a) only allow the cook to be paid after the reservations
were paid for and b) only pay for the original budgeted amount per person no
matter what (and not including any food for servers or kitchen help unless
they paid for feast). Due to the last moment payment by the local group, and
the other policies, the cook did not receive enough money to pay for the
food in the original posted menu due at least in part to being unable to
bargin shop.

Cecily