[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 08:12:28 PDT 2004

I would do my best to try to talk some sense into the event producers,
treasurers, seneschal, baron or whomever else had created such untenable
constraints.  Talk about shopping early for bargains, make it "their
idea" if possible.  If not possible, I probably would not work for these
people again, ever.

What =happened= to me in that situation is that I told the autocrat
exactly how implausable that situation was, and was consequently sacked
in favor of another /s/u/c/k/e/r/ head chef.  Oh well.  I remained
ladylike throughout the rest of the year, didn't tell anybody else not
to go and didn't dance around singing "I Told You So" when the feast day
came with all attendant disasters.  I supposed I passed that Kobayashi
Maru exam. <geeky grin>

Selene Colfox