[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 09:27:53 PDT 2004

> If, despite all efforts to the contrary, this happened, I would go ahead
> and purchase what I needed where I could. In my mind, this would negate
> any agreement about what I would spend per head

I am slightly familiar with the situation that Mistress Cecily brought up and I
can tell you that there isn't any negation of the agreement under any
circumstances.  Without prior written approval from the Larger Group financial
committee, you do not get reimbursed for anything more than what was originally
agreed to.  It might be possible to get the difference in costs out of the
Smaller Group but I wouldn't count on that happening either since the Smaller
Group was the one that was unable to front the money to the Cook earlier.  So
if someone tries to do the menu no matter the cost, he is risking making up the
difference out of his own pocket.

Further, the most that a person can be reimbursed from the Larger Group is # of
pre-paid feast reservations * feast fee $.  Which is why any sort of comping of
volunteers is highly discouraged.  I do believe, however, that the feast
reservations window closes about 3 weeks to a month before the event so there
is time for the Cook to shop based on the number of attendees.

Yours in service,
Katheline van Weye