[Sca-cooks] Grain mill question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 6 22:36:23 PDT 2004

Thebard asked:
> Have a bit of an odd question but here goes.  I have a friend who's
> planning to bake all of her own bread the odd thing is she also want's
> to grind her own grain.  The part that isn't, in my opinion, reasonable
> she whants to do it with a hand quern.
Okay, is this for her own use or for a feast? If the latter, I think
there are more important things to spend her time on. If the former,
then I wish her luck. I'd be interested in how many loaves she makes
before tiring of grinding the grain herself.
> She's asked me to help but I don't even know if anyone even makes them
> anymore.  So anyone have any info that I could use?
I'm not sure if this file has merchants for querns or not, but you
might check. If not, perhaps some of the other info will be of
interest:
querns-msg         (8K) 12/30/02    Small hand mills for grinding
grains.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/querns-msg.html

Stefan
--------