[Sca-cooks] Bayeux Tapestry

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 7 06:48:12 PDT 2004

Yeah, I do know it's all embroidery.  I've learned to weave recently, so
now I can do the background fabric.  Theoretically, at this point of
course, since I've never woven with linen!
Have already taken care of the dyeing part.
<geez, of *course* totally from scratch! I'm also working on spinning
enough yarn to weave a 10th c. BLT* (using a pattern from Coppergate,
York), and sew a gown with it>
*That's not OFoodC, that's fiber shorthand for Broken Lozenge Twill...
--maire, needlework and textile geek masquerading as a sometime-cook ;o)